Thank you, BBYCGN , for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award
BBYCGN writes about narcissists, heroes, Christianity, and more.
Blogger Award, Sunshine
Questions to Answer
Below are my responses to questions by BBYCGN:
1). If you recommend, 3 blog post from your blog, what it will be? And Why?
Three of my posts I recommend are as follows:
1. Approval Addiction- This is a book review. It helped me understand the addiction to approval and people-pleasing. And hopefully, it will help others who have experienced something similar.
2. The Meaning of My Name- It is a fun ice breaker. You can share what urban dictionary says about your name in the comments section.
3. Adversity and the Narcissist-Short motivational story on adversity. I think after being in a relationship with a narcissist, sometimes we need to hear encouraging and motivational things.
I also write about life, poems, narcissists and trying new things. I try to post a least once a week however I have been very busy lately.
2). Who is Jesus Christ in your life?
Jesus Christ is the one who never lets me down. The one who is always there for me. The one I can trust. Jesus is the one who loves me for me. Jesus is my strength. He guides me and protects me. He is my role model.
3). What is your favorite verse?
One of my favorite Bible Verses is:
“For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome.”
4). What is love?
Love is a choice. Love is a decision not based on how you feel because feelings change. Love is more than a feeling.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8 says “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.”
5). What is your favorite motivational or inspirational quote?
My favorite motivational quote:
“People are often unreasonable, illogical and self centered;
Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;
If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.
What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;
If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you’ve got anyway.
You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and your God;
It was never between you and them anyway.” Mother Teresa
6). What has been your biggest struggle when it comes to blogging?
My biggest struggle with blogging was a fear of speaking to new people and possibly offending someone. Currently my biggest struggle is not having the time to post something new. And not having enough time to read other blogs.
7). What was the greatest adventure in your life so far?
Last year I visited my mom in Oklahoma. It was the first time that I had traveled to Oklahoma. I missed the connecting flight and ended staying awake all night at the airport until a flight became available.
Once in Oklahoma everything was great we went on a super fun fishing trip and visited some museums. It was a short stay, but I only see my mom about once a year so it meant a lot to me.
Then there was the time I went to New York anything and everything that could have gone wrong went wrong.
Or perhaps the greatest adventure was the story of my past toxic relationships and how I survived.
But those a stories or adventures for another time.
8). What is your favorite Christian Music?
My Favorite Christian Songs are:
Amy Grant-Breath of Heaven
Pentatonix- Mary did you know?
9). What made you decide to start your blog?
I started my blog as a distraction from a narcissist that I had an addiction too. I did a thirty day blog challenge and I really didn’t think I would keep going.
10). What’s your biggest fear? And How you overcome it?
I think one of my biggest fears is loving someone with all my heart and having that person not love me back. I have experienced this more than once and I choose to love anyways and I am starting to realize that not everyone is meant to be in my life forever. Some people are only meant to be in my life for a season, a reason or a lesson. So I cherish the good times that I experienced and I try to leave the rest behind. Although sometimes it is hard to do.
11). If your heart is broken, will you worship the Lord? and Why?
I worship the Lord even more when my heart is broken because during that time I realize how much more I need the Lord in my life. I know he will heal me and forgive me and make me new again.
Blogger Award, Sunshine
Congratulations to the following nominees.
(1) Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog.
(2) Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
(3) Nominate 11 people and ask them new 11 questions.
(4) Notify the nominees by commenting on one of their posts.
(5) List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award in your post.
- What are you thankful for?
- What are you scared of?
- What are you passionate about?
- How do you relax?
- Is there anything you regret?
- When did you last feel truly alive?
- What is going right in your life?
- What gives you a sense of satisfaction?
- How have you changed the past year?
- Favorites books/movies/artists/songs/?
- What is one of the most fascinating places you have visited?